Flexibility is one of the main drivers for the further development of Meyn Manufacturing. Therefore, the Capital Equipment portfolio will be divided between the manufacturing entities with the basic rule that Capital Equipment can be built on at least two, preferably three manufacturing entities under the precondition that Meyn Manufacturing has the ability to utilize the capacity in a flexible manner to the Manufacturing entities. Therefore, a strong planning department is needed that focuses on cross- border (Global) planning of the Manufacturing entities and has a clear view of hours available and hours required in the various entities.
The Meyn Global Planning department is part of the Global Supply Chain organization. The department is responsible for creating the optimal Manufacturing process within the Meyn group. It should strive for continuous improvement of the planning process and optimization of the global workload and also enable Meyn to maintain cost effectiveness. The Global planner will report to the Global Supply Chain Manager.
As Global Planner you will lead the development and implementation of a solid workload planning to support enterprise goals. You will develop capabilities, plan initiatives to support supply chain performance over a multi-year horizon and are responsible for creating the optimal Manufacturing process within the Meyn group.
Key result area's
Supply Chain Planning
- Communication of supply issues within the Meyn network.
- Scenario planning and preparing resolution plans in case of supply-demand imbalances.
- Collaborate with other manufacturing entities for intercompany sales and purchases.
- Provide forecast based on Sales funnel outside the order book.
- Translation of the order book in providing a global ex works planning per order
- Which is the product of available capacity versus demanded capacity based on technology hours per manufacturing entity.
- Monitor capacity per manufacturing entity including Engineering capacity (ETO).
- Be in close contact with the local production planners to optimize customer service and overall working capital.
- Be the single contact for local planning departments on planning issues and or challenges.
- Be the single contact for sales with regard to project monitoring and control.
- Allocate Equipment demand to process orders and release orders to the local planning departments for day to day planning activities
- Be first contact regarding the Global Planning.
- Collaborate in product (Capital Equipment / Parts) transfers.
- Collaborate in phase out old products and phasing in new Products.
- Collaborate with Sales in the annual budget process.
- Annual revision of supply chain policies order quantities and lead times throughout the supply chain and give advice to local entities.
- Collaborate with Project Management in monitoring the bigger projects >1000K.
- Prepare weekly / monthly reporting tools including key KPI’s.
- Support the Supply Chain organization in weekly supply chain meetings.